Sunday 26 August 2012

Janice Myers

Janice Myers clip_image001
I first encountered Janice Myers work at a ‘Stitching’ show in Exeter where the group ‘South West Textiles’ was showing. Her cushion, below right, was on show and I thought it was the most wonderful thing I had seen in a long time. I have since gone on to see a few more things by her; I love the way she uses materials such as plastics, metal and found objects to produce quirky mainly three dimensional items and installations; recycled materials are very dominant in her work.

She uses both hand stitching with fishing line, wire or strips of polythene as well as computerised machine work.

clip_image003She says she likes to combine an element of the abstract along with the recognisable, so that a hint of the story behind the piece is there to see.

clip_image005clip_image007www.janicemyers.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment