Sunday 9 June 2013

my day was made yesterday

Day trip to London and look what we saw!

el anatsui's sculpture hanging on the front of the Royal Academy. I'm studying him at the moment as i will include him in my study of the three embroiderers i have to do for this module. although he is technically a sculptor his work is amazing and directly relates to the idea of re-using items which i often do in my own work.
it was bright sunshine so quite difficult to photograph but a joy to see. that as well as Cornelia Parker and Souzou at the Wellcome Collection.
It went downhill when we went to the Natural History Museum. are we missing something; like the collections? soooooo hugely disappointing. Best bit is the building itself.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous hanging thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for introducing me to el anatsui found some other fascinating images on a website - look forward to reading your study

    ReplyDelete