i have to confess i didn't hang it and had hoped it would trail the floor but perhaps for practical reasons as it was near the door it was hung high and restrained at the bottom.
|Escher type shadows of birds?|
So far the actual making took a total of 88 hours
Materials and costings
Double sided tape 00.50
Garden fleece 00.20
Tissue paper 01.00
Nylon thread x 5 reels 10.50
Warhammer Spray paint 09.80
Crazy wire company wire 01.99
Perspex rods 03.00
Health and Safety typical to Module 6
Use of Hot Air gun/wood burning tool
· Hold item being worked on carefully and away from direct heat source
· Use in well ventilated area
· Protect work surfaces at all times
Use of paints/dyes and spray paint etc:
· Use in well ventilated area/use dust mask when using powders. I used the black spray paint in the garden hoping the neighbours wouldn’t complain too much
· Wear old or protective clothing and gloves where necessary.
· Store on shelf well sealed.
Drilling through Perspex
I used a small electric craft drill but the problem with Perspex is that it heats up with the action of the drill, so short, sharp bursts on the drill are best; clearing out the hole and cleaning the bit as you go. Wear goggles and clamp the Perspex in position so it doesn’t move. Make sure the drill bit is screwed in tightly.
General health and safety
· Always protect scalpel blades with a cork
· Take care when lifting sewing machines
· Sit correctly when using the sewing machine for long lengths of time
· Always work in good light
· As always ‘common sense’